Renewable Energy in the Mining Industry
This Pike Research report provides a detailed examination of energy consumption dynamics in the global mining industry, along with an analysis of the market opportunity for greater utilization of renewable energy. The study assesses the market drivers and policy issues that are influencing mining companies’ increasing interest in renewable energy, along with a review of the technology issues associated with each option. The strategies of key industry players are profiled in depth and market forecasts through 2020 are provided for renewable energy investment in the sector.Key Questions Addressed:
- What is driving the adoption of renewable energy in the mining industry?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of solar, wind, hydro, and fuel cells as energy sources for mining operations?
- What are the strategies of the top mining companies with regard to renewable energy?
- What is the role of energy storage in the adoption of renewable energy in the mining industry?
- How much is the mining industry likely to invest in renewable energy in the coming years, and how will this vary by world region?